Men, Women & Dogs

Men, Women & Dogs was a sitcom from 2001. Due to bad ratings, it was cancelled before all the episodes could air.

I won't say this was a fantastic show, but there was something about it--or rather, about one of its stars--that made me laugh hysterically every time he was onscreen. His name was Linus the Dog.

Linus was a French bulldog who played a Frenchie named Betsy, and he managed to steal every scene he was in. His other credits include Secondhand Lions and Bringing Down the House, but his work as Betsy is my favorite.

It's unlikely that Men, Women & Dogs will ever make it to DVD, but if it does, I'll have to buy a set.

Addendum: This is not the same Linus the Dog with this Facebook page, although both dogs are absolutely adorable.

2 comments:

Cathy Olliffe-Webster April 16, 2011 at 10:26 AM  

I LOVE the premise of your blog! I can't tell you how many times I fell in love with a product/tv show/ what ever, only to have it disappear... Good stuff!

Karen M. Peterson April 19, 2011 at 2:08 AM  

I've never even heard of this show. Which is, I guess, EXACTLY why you're writing about it here!

Great blog!

About Diary of a Non-Person

Dedicated to the canceled shows "nobody" watched, the discontinued products "no one" was buying, and the restaurants that closed down because "people" didn't eat there. Why? Because it happens to so many of my favorites.

About Me

My photo
My earliest memory of a career aspiration was to be a writer. My hobbies and interests include dogs, music, and spending time with my husband. I watch far too much television and seem to specialize in shows that don't get the ratings needed to stay on the air. An avid reader, I've been known to read several books a week.

Followers


Powered by Blogger.