Betty Crocker Sour Cream Chocolate Cake Mix

I found Betty Crocker Sour Cream Chocolate Cake mix many years ago, and it made me really curious. I don't normally like products containing sour cream, but something about this mix was calling to me. I had to try it.

I can say without reservation that this was the best chocolate cake mix I have ever had. Even though I don't like sour cream, this product was delicious. I topped it with Betty Crocker Sour Cream white icing, and the combination was outstanding. I bought these products several times over the years.

Then, one day, I wanted to buy a box of Betty Crocker Sour Cream Chocolate Cake mix, and they were all gone. I couldn't believe it! Betty Crocker got rid of the very best cake mix they ever had!

I did find a copycat recipe for this outstanding cake mix, but I haven't tried it yet. I haven't tried this one either. Even Betty Crocker has a recipe for sour cream chocolate cupcakes.

Someday, when I have time, I'll try these three recipes--just not on the same day.

4 comments:

Marie Anne April 2, 2011 at 10:42 AM  

I've never heard of this, but then I never bought a lot of cake mixes anyway. Sounds yummy, though.

Linda Ann - Practically at Home April 2, 2011 at 3:53 PM  

Interesting observation. I have occasionally added sour cream to cake mixes for a richer recipe.

Michelle Mach April 2, 2011 at 5:34 PM  

I love the theme of your blog! I feel that way, too, especially about TV shows. Or chocolate. Whatever happened to Cadbury's Mint chocolate bar? I liked it, that's what!

Karen Jones Gowen April 3, 2011 at 4:11 PM  

Craving chocolate cake suddenly, but not a mix. I like it made from scratch and topped with fudge icing!

Loving this blog! Writing and food and books, what more can anyone ask for?

KarenG

About Diary of a Non-Person

Dedicated to the canceled shows "nobody" watched, the discontinued products "no one" was buying, and the restaurants that closed down because "people" didn't eat there. Why? Because it happens to so many of my favorites.

About Me

My photo
My earliest memory of a career aspiration was to be a writer. My hobbies and interests include dogs, music, and spending time with my husband. I watch far too much television and seem to specialize in shows that don't get the ratings needed to stay on the air. An avid reader, I've been known to read several books a week.

Followers


Powered by Blogger.