Fudge Jumbles

Back in the 1980s, Pillsbury had a variety of boxed dessert mixes called Fudge Jumbles. Each box contained a mix for three-layer dessert bars, all of which contained fudge. I think they all contained oats as well, but I'm not sure.

Fudge Jumbles were quick and easy to prepare. I've seen quite a few recipes, such as this one, that attempt to recreate the magic.

The person who posted the aforementioned recipe decided to try a peanut butter version. I really don't know whether there was a peanut butter version of Fudge Jumbles. I don't think there was, because it's definitely something I would have tried if I'd seen it. In any case, this recipe looks incredible!

3 comments:

M.J. Fifield April 7, 2011 at 3:33 PM  

Mmmm...fudge.

I'll have to try out the recipe. Or get someone to try it out for me. Thanks for sharing...

Marie Anne April 7, 2011 at 8:01 PM  

Finally, something I remember!

Eliza Wynn April 8, 2011 at 1:37 PM  

Marie Anne, I knew you'd eventually have to recognize something I mention here.

About Diary of a Non-Person

Dedicated to the canceled shows "nobody" watched, the discontinued products "no one" was buying, and the restaurants that closed down because "people" didn't eat there. Why? Because it happens to so many of my favorites.

About Me

My photo
My earliest memory of a career aspiration was to be a writer. My hobbies and interests include dogs, music, and spending time with my husband. I watch far too much television and seem to specialize in shows that don't get the ratings needed to stay on the air. An avid reader, I've been known to read several books a week.

Followers


Powered by Blogger.