Apple Slice

There used to be several flavors of Slice soft drinks. They all contained real fruit juice. It wasn't much--only 10 percent--but it was more than any other fizzy soft drinks had. I liked the mandarin orange, but my favorite flavor was apple. That's probably why it didn't last long.

Apple Slice was available briefly in the 1980s (late '80s, if I remember correctly). It was discontinued before the rest of the product line went away. It might have even been the first to go.

I haven't tried any other apple-flavored carbonated drinks. There are apparently a few still around, but I haven't seen them. If I ever do, I'll probably have to give them a try. Then again, maybe not. It just wouldn't be the same.

4 comments:

Marie Anne April 1, 2011 at 6:40 PM  

I don't remember an Apple Slice. I hope you find something!

Ron Easton for Dads UnLimited April 1, 2011 at 7:14 PM  

I don't remember any apple flavoured carbonated drinks either! I think if I saw one I would try it too, just out of pure curiosity.

M.J. Fifield April 2, 2011 at 4:24 PM  

I don't think I've ever had Slice of any flavor but like Inside Out, I don't remember any apple flavored carbonated beverages- unless sparkling cider counts.

Eliza Wynn April 8, 2011 at 2:16 PM  

Thank you, Deirdra!

About Diary of a Non-Person

Dedicated to the canceled shows "nobody" watched, the discontinued products "no one" was buying, and the restaurants that closed down because "people" didn't eat there. Why? Because it happens to so many of my favorites.

About Me

My photo
My earliest memory of a career aspiration was to be a writer. My hobbies and interests include dogs, music, and spending time with my husband. I watch far too much television and seem to specialize in shows that don't get the ratings needed to stay on the air. An avid reader, I've been known to read several books a week.

Followers


Powered by Blogger.