Grape-Nuts O's

I always had a hard time eating Post Grape-Nuts. I liked the flavor, but they made my jaws tired, and I was afraid of breaking a tooth.

Grape-Nuts Flakes and Grape-Nuts O's were more my style. Grape-Nuts Flakes have been around since the 1930s, while Grape-Nuts O's hit the shelves in 1999. The flakes are still available, but the O's were discontinued a while back.

Why is it that so many great O's cereals don't stick around?

Grape-Nuts O's were sweetened with brown sugar, and they were delicious. Contrary to their name, they weren't exactly o-shaped. The outside edges weren't uniform; they almost resembled petals--almost. This cereal was crunchy, and it stood up well to milk without causing a major dental hazard.

I really wish Post would consider bringing Grape-Nuts O's back.

4 comments:

Marie Anne April 8, 2011 at 7:36 PM  

I tried Grape Nuts only once in my life at my older brother's house when I was still an adolescent. Never again.

Karen Jones Gowen April 8, 2011 at 10:43 PM  

I always enjoyed them! It felt like a lot of eating for such a small bowl. It's my husband's favorite cereal.

Tracey April 9, 2011 at 10:02 AM  

I don't mind Grape Nuts either. But you're right, it's a lot of work eating them. They are tasty though and how do they stay so crunchy in milk?

Anonymous April 10, 2011 at 8:37 PM  

I really like Grape nuts with...get this yogurt, cranberry juice or coffee...yum (not together)

About Diary of a Non-Person

Dedicated to the canceled shows "nobody" watched, the discontinued products "no one" was buying, and the restaurants that closed down because "people" didn't eat there. Why? Because it happens to so many of my favorites.

About Me

My photo
My earliest memory of a career aspiration was to be a writer. My hobbies and interests include dogs, music, and spending time with my husband. I watch far too much television and seem to specialize in shows that don't get the ratings needed to stay on the air. An avid reader, I've been known to read several books a week.

Followers


Powered by Blogger.