Aunt Jemima Buckwheat Pancake Mix

If I'm going to eat pancakes, I much prefer buckwheats. Aunt Jemima Buckwheat Pancake Mix was a great product to have around for those days when I really wanted some buckwheats.

The loss of this product was inevitable. It's one of many hard-to-find products that I always looked for when traveling. Now I'll have to update my list again.

While doing a bit of research, I found a comment on Amazon.com that provides a way to make the mix yourself. According to the commenter, the recipe is from the Quaker Oats Company, the company that made--and discontinued--Aunt Jemima Buckwheat Pancake Mix. It makes me wonder whether this is the actual recipe Quaker used for their mix. It's possible.

3/4 cup Aunt Jemima Original pancake mix
1/3 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

Stir dry ingredients together. Add milk and egg according to the instructions on the box of pancake mix.

I haven't tried this, but I'm thinking about it.

1 comments:

Anonymous July 6, 2011 at 3:39 PM  

My husband and his family are very sad about the loss of this product. They have used it for years. Thanks

About Diary of a Non-Person

Dedicated to the canceled shows "nobody" watched, the discontinued products "no one" was buying, and the restaurants that closed down because "people" didn't eat there. Why? Because it happens to so many of my favorites.

About Me

My photo
My earliest memory of a career aspiration was to be a writer. My hobbies and interests include dogs, music, and spending time with my husband. I watch far too much television and seem to specialize in shows that don't get the ratings needed to stay on the air. An avid reader, I've been known to read several books a week.

Followers


Powered by Blogger.