Choco' Lite

Choco' Lite candy bars were around in the 1970s and possibly the '80s. The "whipped" chocolate contained air holes to make it seem light and airy. Nestle discontinued this product long ago, but many people think they've found the modern equivalent. I'm not one of them.

For years, I've noticed that some people say the Aero bar is identical to Choco' Lite, so when I saw one at a specialty store one day, I decided to buy one.

It is absolutely not the same.

Other people say it's the same as Cadbury's Wispa. I haven't tried that one, but I'm already skeptical. I can't forget the Aero bar experience--not that the bar was bad, mind you. It just wasn't the same as Choco' Lite.

This photo of a Choco' Lite wrapper confirms something I knew all along: there was something crispy in the chocolate. More than once, I let the chocolate melt in my mouth so that I could try to figure out what was so crispy. I thought they were itty bitty pieces of crisped rice, but I was wrong; nothing like that is mentioned in the ingredients list. It does contain honey and corn syrup (not HFCS!), so maybe the "crispy chips," as the wrapper called them, were hardened pieces of honey or corn syrup.

Aero bars don't contain anything crispy. If I had to guess, I'd say that neither do Wispa bars.

A lot of people like both of those other bars. In fact, Wispa was discontinued and then brought back by popular demand. This shows that people do like this airy type of chocolate.

Nestle really should bring back Choco' Lite bars.

1 comments:

Langley Cornwell July 6, 2011 at 4:45 PM  

I love buckwheat pancakes too. I'll try this recipe, I'm sure it will be delish.

About Diary of a Non-Person

Dedicated to the canceled shows "nobody" watched, the discontinued products "no one" was buying, and the restaurants that closed down because "people" didn't eat there. Why? Because it happens to so many of my favorites.

About Me

My photo
My earliest memory of a career aspiration was to be a writer. My hobbies and interests include dogs, music, and spending time with my husband. I watch far too much television and seem to specialize in shows that don't get the ratings needed to stay on the air. An avid reader, I've been known to read several books a week.

Followers


Powered by Blogger.