Sam Adams Beer-Battered Fish and Chips at Red Lobster

I'm not a seafood lover at all, and as a general rule, I don't eat fish. However, I occasionally make an exception for fish and chips. I'm not crazy about them, but if they're battered (as opposed to breaded) and not very fishy, I can eat them.

My favorite thing about Red Lobster is the Cheddar Bay Biscuits (TM). I can't just go there eat the free biscuits, though; they wouldn't take kindly to that. That's why I usually ordered the fish and chips when I went there. Unfortunately, that option was taken off the menu several years ago. I couldn't believe it.

Apparently, they're still available in some locations. It just seems to me that they should be a standard menu item.

This move lost me as a customer. I wonder how many other non-seafood-loving customers they've lost for the same reason.

2 comments:

Vera Wylde August 20, 2010 at 7:53 PM  

I used to love fish and chips... then I had them ruined for me forever by a random little side pub in London on my honeymmon. I don't even know what the name of the place was, I didn't realize that I wouldn't find it that good again until I got back to the states.

Eliza Wynn August 21, 2010 at 10:20 AM  

Yeah, I got them a few times when I was in the UK. I was amazed by how many different kinds they had, and it took me a while to figure out which ones were the least fishy. I should have just asked!

About Diary of a Non-Person

Dedicated to the canceled shows "nobody" watched, the discontinued products "no one" was buying, and the restaurants that closed down because "people" didn't eat there. Why? Because it happens to so many of my favorites.

About Me

My photo
My earliest memory of a career aspiration was to be a writer. My hobbies and interests include dogs, music, and spending time with my husband. I watch far too much television and seem to specialize in shows that don't get the ratings needed to stay on the air. An avid reader, I've been known to read several books a week.

Followers


Powered by Blogger.