Oreo O's

The other day, I was making a grocery list. It was just a few things for my husband to pick up on his way home from work to get us through the weekend. I was trying to think of a cereal to get--something that I could eat right out of the box instead of adding milk--but couldn't think of anything I really wanted. I decided not to get any.

Later, it came to me. I knew exactly what I wanted: Oreo O's. The problem? They don't exist anymore.

Do you remember Oreo O's? When they were first introduced, they were just chocolate O's with white specks of sugar on them. Later, marshmallows were added to make them taste creamier, and it was just like eating Oreo cookies. Well, I shouldn't say that. They were much better than Oreos. The marshmallows gave the idea of the creme filling, but the O's weren't bitter like the cookies. Yeah, that's right. I think Oreos are bitter. I guess that just reinforces my status as a non-person.

Oreo O's are currently #17 on the list of the 100 all-time greatest breakfast cereals at Mr Breakfast.com, and the list constantly changes, being updated with every vote. Personally, I'd rank it in the top five, minimum. It just might be my absolute favorite, although I'd have to remember every cereal I've ever had to be certain. What I do know is that if it were still around, I wouldn't have had to make it the first food post on my new blog, and I wouldn't have had to settle for an inferior cereal or do without.

I found a petition to bring them back--not that it will do any good.

0 comments:

About Diary of a Non-Person

Dedicated to the canceled shows "nobody" watched, the discontinued products "no one" was buying, and the restaurants that closed down because "people" didn't eat there. Why? Because it happens to so many of my favorites.

About Me

My photo
My earliest memory of a career aspiration was to be a writer. My hobbies and interests include dogs, music, and spending time with my husband. I watch far too much television and seem to specialize in shows that don't get the ratings needed to stay on the air. An avid reader, I've been known to read several books a week.

Followers


Powered by Blogger.