Hungry Jack Frozen Waffles

I'm pretty picky when it comes to waffles. I'm not crazy about homemade waffles, and I've never been into Eggos. However, I really enjoyed Pillsbury's Hungry Jack Frozen Waffles.

I have trouble eating more than a few bites of pancakes, unless they're buckwheat, but waffles are a different story. I could eat two of Hungry Jack's small waffles and then have to force myself not to make more. They were that good. I preferred the regular version but also occasionally bought packages of buttermilk and blueberry for variety.

I liked to have my waffles with unsalted butter and real maple syrup. Usually I just spread some butter on top, but sometimes I melted the butter first and poured it over them before adding the cold syrup. Another good way to have them, especially on cold mornings, was to heat the butter and syrup together.

It's too bad Hungry Jack Frozen Waffles aren't around anymore.

2 comments:

Tamara McRill September 16, 2010 at 9:06 PM  

Were those the square ones you had to break apart? If so, I miss them too! They tasted less fake/hard/or something than the store and Eggo brands (all my local grocery carries now).

Eliza Wynn September 17, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

Yes, they were square. I think they were in sheets of four, but I didn't mention that since I couldn't remember for certain.

About Diary of a Non-Person

Dedicated to the canceled shows "nobody" watched, the discontinued products "no one" was buying, and the restaurants that closed down because "people" didn't eat there. Why? Because it happens to so many of my favorites.

About Me

My photo
My earliest memory of a career aspiration was to be a writer. My hobbies and interests include dogs, music, and spending time with my husband. I watch far too much television and seem to specialize in shows that don't get the ratings needed to stay on the air. An avid reader, I've been known to read several books a week.

Followers


Powered by Blogger.